GIRL CHILD PROJECT – For vulnerable and working young girls in slums
Aashirwad a school for girl children aims to educate, empower, enrich, and enliven the lives of girl children. The journey once embarked will help them acquire primary, secondary and higher education, provide a vocational training and prepare them for a bright successful future.
Right of every Child Labourer to meaning ful Education.
- Education- the only road to Freedom from Exploitation
- Every child deserves a childhood
- Children’s have a Right to Participation, Dignity, Love, Care& affection
providing dignified learning environment to vulnerable girl children….
Elimination of girl child labour in the target area by 2018
Solution: Education is the only way…
- Education enhance the development of self-esteem
- Education offers a possibility. To learn to think for themselves.
- To make choices and to form their own opinion.
- Educated girl children learn to think for themselves and to claim their rights.
- Education is a Pre- condition to sustainable development and the building of a democratic society
- Educated women make extra efforts to ensure education for their children.
- To employ ‘Education’ as a preventive pedagogy to curb Girl Children being exploited
- To empower Children to have their own identity and lead a dignified life
- To provide opportunities to acquire bridge school, formal school education and Vocational training
- To assist them in their holistic psycho-social development
- To assist them to settle down independently in society
- To sensitize the community and empower ultra poor families
Process in place
- The transformation that the child worker (labourer) undergoes after being Rescued by CHORD is because of Counseling / Rehabilitation. Bridge School Enrollment.
- Mainstreaming to Aashirwad English Medium School.
- CHORD transforms the lives of child workers (labourers) at multiple levels.
Supporting Agency: Qualcomm, Hyderabad
Target Area: Gokul Plots slum, Kukatpally
- Children between the age group of 3 – 7 years
Qualcomm & CHORD SOCIAL IMPACT
- 1,400 Girl Children Educated & Mainstreamed
- Model Remedial School Established
- Multi Stakeholders Participation Promoted
- Reduced 5% Child Labour in the Target Area
Do You know ?
- Every sixth girl child’s death in India’s is due to gender discrimination.
- 53% of girls in the age group of 5-9 years are illiterate.
- When it comes to child labour girls out number boys.
Milestones of Achievements
- Within the last three years the project has rescued, educated and mainstreamed 630 girls.
- Aashirwad is the only Girl Child project catering to urban working girls within the Revenue Mandal in Kukatpally and the surrounding areas
- The Project has contributed towards women empowerment as 40% of the mothers of the children have been trained in skills and were provided with livelihood opportunity through our women empowerment -skill training initiatives.
- Project ensured reduction of Child labor by 2% in the target area.
So far, 210 children have been enrolled in the bridge school and educated 800 girl children.